Project Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Students in Waterloo !!!!

3 posters

Go down

Students in Waterloo !!!! Empty Students in Waterloo !!!!

Post  Lyang2009 Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:05 pm

um...what was ur average when you got into UW...???
and what programs ??? thx

Lyang2009

Number of posts : 10
Year Graduated : 2009
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Students in Waterloo !!!! Empty Re: Students in Waterloo !!!!

Post  CHo05 Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:42 pm

If it's like the other schools in Canada, wouldn't the minimum average be dependent on which faculty you're going into?

Lemme contact someone to find out.

CHo05
Admin

Number of posts : 97
Year Graduated : 2005
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Students in Waterloo !!!! Empty entrance marks

Post  stsuei06 Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:10 am

I think...my overall average of all the grade 12 courses was about 89 or so, and the average for the required courses for University application is about 92. I am in the program of Biotechnology/Economics.

And yes, it does also depend on the faculty you're applying to, but even more importantly, the minimum average depends on the number of applicants vs. the number of students allowed that year for your specific program. For example, if 20 people with 100% applied, and they took only 20 people, then I wouldn't even be considered.

A large part is also the supplementary documents that many schools ask for. Waterloo, MacMaster, and other specialized programs in other schools also ask the students to fill out a form outlining why they think they're fit for this program. I know that the administrators pay some attention to this, as I happened to talk to an admissions officer a few months who decided to increase the number of accepted students because many of the applicants' supporting statement were simply extraordinary.

If you want to discuss more indepth, we can certainly discuss this more personally. Just shoot me an e-mail: sian.tsuei@gmail.com, and then we can talk on g-talk or msn.

stsuei06
Admin

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Students in Waterloo !!!! Empty Re: Students in Waterloo !!!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down