Project Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST BUSINESS PROGRAM??

+2
stsuei06
Lyang2009
6 posters

Go down

BEST BUSINESS PROGRAM?? Empty BEST BUSINESS PROGRAM??

Post  Lyang2009 Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:00 am

which university in Canada has the best Business/finance/commerce program

Lyang2009

Number of posts : 10
Year Graduated : 2009
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

BEST BUSINESS PROGRAM?? Empty finance--waterloo, sfu, ubc, UWO, York

Post  stsuei06 Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:33 pm

well,

waterloo's has some pretty awesome coop opportunities for finance and accounting. some of my friends ended up in the big four (price water cooperhouse, KPMG, and two others) in their first coop term, which is when they're in the second year of university. this is rather phenomenal, considering that i heard from my UBC friend that only a handful of UBC bachelors get selected to to the big four.

i've heard that Univ. of Western Ontario (UWO)'s Ivey and York University's Schulich are both pretty good.

try sending a msg out to "APrabhu07", "EChen06", and , they'd know more about which schools are better.

if you're looking for american schools, try sending a msg to "blee02".

stsuei06
Admin

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

BEST BUSINESS PROGRAM?? Empty Re: BEST BUSINESS PROGRAM??

Post  SCho06 Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:14 pm

I'm not going to give you a straight answer, cause that's pretty hard to do.
However, I'll give you a quick list of universities, but talk about UWO cause I can. Very Happy

If you plan on staying in BC: UBC (Sauder Business School I believe?) or SFU (surprisingly excellent program, though not talked about)

If you plan on leaving BC: Waterloo (I admit to their probably the best co-op program), York (you won't believe how big a pride it is for them), or UWO (will explain)

You have your choices, feel free too choose, roll a die if you need to. But I would recommend UWO if you have think you would like to continue your graduate studies in Business as well. For more info on UWO, check out UWO section where I'll be putting up lots of info.

Just a quick info on UWO business. UWO does not have a specific "Faculty of Business". Western is known well for it's Business program, however, this reputation comes mostly from Richard Ivey School of Business, a grad school. But because the professors teaching undergrad business courses are from Ivey, Western does provide one of the best business studies in Canada. You may apply to be enrolled in professional undergraduate program after year 2 for business administration. Or you may apply for AEO (advanced entry opportunity) in grade 12. Both these options will be for studying for HBA (honors business adminstration). When you become first year in Western pursuing study in business, you'll most likely be enrolled in Aubrey Dan Program in Management and Organizational Studies (or commonly referred to as BMOS program), and certainly be in the 'Faculty of Social Science'.

Feel free to msg or e-mail me for details

SCho06

Number of posts : 9
Year Graduated : 2006
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://radiowithu.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyang2009 Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:28 pm

omg...i start to think about whether i should continue dreaming about getting into UT if my major would be business..
my cousin studied at York before, and she highly remcommanded the York's business school since according to what she said, York is the BEST ever....really??
Also, my uncle recommanded QUEENS..
but no one recommanded U of T for its business school, >_<
um..btw, you know there are some schools will exchange students (not sure if its the right word)with the other renowed schools around the world...are there any opporpunities like that in UWO, Waterloo, York., queens..etc

Lyang2009

Number of posts : 10
Year Graduated : 2009
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  stsuei06 Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:58 am

i know waterloo has one, but i'm not so sure about others.

i would imagine that they do. try going to the school's website and typing in their search field "exchange programs" or something along the lines of that. it should pop something up.

stsuei06
Admin

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AZhou03 Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:50 pm

I vote for Rotman (UofT) in Canada, then followed by York

If you're looking outside of Canada, Wharton at Penn is pretty good, I think Chicago also has a pretty decent one.

AZhou03

Number of posts : 9
Year Graduated : 2003
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jlau10 Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm not planning on going anywhere distant for university, so I was wondering if there really is any basis in the argument that UBC business is better than SFU business, or vice versa?

jlau10

Number of posts : 3
Year Graduated : 2010 (will be graduating)
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  CHo05 Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 pm

Well, I'm from SFU so I guess this makes my agenda suspect Smile

But regardless, I do think the biggest difference between UBC and SFU is just that UBC has a longer history and is therefore more established. I have friends taking similar programs at SFU and UBC, and I can't really see any educational difference between the two. For my own department of molecular biology, I can definitely attest to my knowledge-base being just as strong as friends from UBC. The only difference is that people abroad are not as familiar with SFU as it's only been around for ~40 years. But if you're sticking around locally and even on the national level, I've not seen any major differences between if you had taken your studies at SFU or UBC.

CHo05
Admin

Number of posts : 97
Year Graduated : 2005
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down