Project Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real quiet?

3 posters

Go down

Real quiet? Empty Real quiet?

Post  bcheng06 Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:39 am

Is it just me or is this board far too quiet to be effective? Sad I want to see this succeed. We need more interesting topics aside from academia to be on here!

For starters -- I will point you guys in the direction of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement.
There's two links, give them both a good read.. What will you do about this? I'm still trying to formulate a good letter to Bill Siksay in order to express my displeasure to hear that the Canadian government is even remotely thinking about this.

ACTA at Dailytech
ACTA at canada.com

Edit: Charles, Sian, get a move on! By default links should be blue-ish and underlined; change the default forum settings eh? Laughing

bcheng06

Number of posts : 19
Year Graduated : 2006
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Real quiet? Empty Re: Real quiet?

Post  CSOO7 Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:08 am

Well, we've actually had quite a few new members recently. What really surprised me though is that not only are we getting graduates and alumnus now, but also grade 8's and 9's. Kudos to you all
CSOO7
CSOO7

Number of posts : 15
Year Graduated : 2007
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  CHo05 Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Actually, if you use bbcode to tag your link, you'll find that the forum automatically turns the link blue and underlined. The bbcode is as follows

[url]insert link here[/url] with "insert link here" = google's address

www.google.ca

or alternatively:

text with text = google and url= google's address:

google

You can also use the "link" function when writing your email. Just click on the grey box that has the picture of a chain link in it.

And yes, we're trying to work on increasing activity as well. Please let us know whatever thoughts you have Smile

CHo05
Admin

Number of posts : 97
Year Graduated : 2005
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  bcheng06 Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:33 pm

No no Charles,
Your google text only changes to underlined and blue when you roll your mouse over it. I'm saying that by 'standards', it is blue and underlined without having to mouse over it.

bcheng06

Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  CHo05 Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:31 pm

Hmm... I'm gonna have to look over the site's code to check where the default settings for links are. Yes, my limited understanding of computers has made me rely on other people's markup codes. I'll have to sift through 'em and figure out where he placed his default settings for links. Give me a couple days.

CHo05
Admin

Number of posts : 97
Year Graduated : 2005
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  bcheng06 Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:39 pm

No worries, take yar time. Very Happy

bcheng06