Project Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

way too quiet

4 posters

Go down

way too quiet Empty way too quiet

Post  SCho06 Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:57 pm

i'm guilty too for not having been on the site for quite a while...

but this place is too quiet...

we need to get more highschools involved and more dedicated mods

(and this coming from a guy who barely does anything, thus being somewhat of a hypocrite)

SCho06

Number of posts : 9
Year Graduated : 2006
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://radiowithu.com

Back to top Go down

way too quiet Empty Re: way too quiet

Post  CHo05 Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:48 am

It's so true, but I'm kinda at my wit's end.

Connect has been promoted to teachers, parents, and students endlessly. At first we thought it was because we put up our website late last year, then we thought it was because people still aren't thinking about post-secondary life in BNS yet...

We've been talking with some teachers and they're also wondering why the resource isn't being used.

What do you think might be the reasons? I know that quietness just breeds more quietness, but I'm surprised there's not even any more initial questions anymore.

CHo05
Admin

Number of posts : 97
Year Graduated : 2005
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  CSOO7 Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:59 am

I completely forgot about this board until Kathy told me about the thing on April 20. Hopefully that will bring some people back, and also get new students to join. Meanwhile, I'll try to come up with some way to participate from across the Pacific
CSOO7
CSOO7

Number of posts : 15
Year Graduated : 2007
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  CHo05 Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Yea, Diana, Sahar, Kathy, Sian and I are working to revive this a little. We feel kinda bad about it: It's such a good idea but the adoption process has been rocky.

Thanks for checking in. How're thing across the Pacific? You got your red seal yet?

CHo05
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CSOO7 Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:49 pm

No, I'm hoping to get it after I come back. There are some changes to the apprenticeship program. It used to be under the Industry Training Authority, but got moved to go2 Tourism. I'm hoping I can participate on Skype or MSN or something, like what Sian did last year
CSOO7
CSOO7

Number of posts : 15
Year Graduated : 2007
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

way too quiet Empty Re: Way too quiet

Post  jlau10 Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:41 pm

I feel out of place posting here, but here goes anyway.
I think one miniscule reason why the board is so quiet is because no one really advertises long enough in the school bulletin. Only a few teachers, like in the Honours or AP programs do promote it, and usually for a few weeks, and then people tend to completely forget about it. If I remember correctly, I only heard about this website at the end of last year. Additionally, there was little, if any promotion of this website at the beginning of the year, which is when this site could have the most benefit to students. Just throwing in my two cent's.
But, a bit off track, the topics you talk about in the boards are actually quite interesting, so good job, and keep up the good work.

jlau10

Number of posts : 3
Year Graduated : 2010 (will be graduating)
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  CHo05 Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Don't feel out of place posting here, we're all trying to figure out how this can work out better.

I think you've hit upon a very good point about promotion: outreach has been very difficult for us. So if you can spread the word around in your network, it'd be greatly appreciated. However, at a larger scale, I'm not sure how to get the school more involved. The administrators are aware, PAC has been notified, some teachers have even promoted it. The issue is that it isn't sustained, which is very true. But how would we sustain it?

Following that line of thought, it seems like some sort of local contact might be best for this forum. The original forum mods are getting old :p, and I don't think we're reaching out effectively to HS students anymroe. Having someone local and can reach out to current HS students more effectively might be a thought. Thoughts?

CHo05
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down