Project Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCAT - Medical School Admissions Exam

2 posters

Go down

MCAT - Medical School Admissions Exam Empty MCAT - Medical School Admissions Exam

Post  AZhou03 Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi everyone. If you have any questions about taking the MCAT, which is the qualifying admissions exam for medical schools in Canada and the US, post your questions here.

AZhou03

Number of posts : 9
Year Graduated : 2003
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

MCAT - Medical School Admissions Exam Empty verbal section preparation

Post  stsuei06 Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Hey, awesome haha. exactly what i needed.

How'd you prepare for the verbal section? write and write like how we prepared for the english provincials? or are there certain tips?

Also, are there free services to rate our practice essays?

Thanks a bunch,

Sian

stsuei06
Admin

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

MCAT - Medical School Admissions Exam Empty Re: MCAT - Medical School Admissions Exam

Post  AZhou03 Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 am

The verbal can be bit tricky. English AP definitely helped a lot, especially around the wishy-washy subjective questions. The difficulty level is certainly a step up from the provinical. The problem with the verbal section is that its very subjective in its answers and you need to develop a gut instinct of what the question makers want. The best way I found to do this is to plow through past MCATS and practice MCATs, with answers that you can check, to get a generalized feeling of how to read the passages and the questions. In the end, you'll end up with a precedural memory response to them.

I don't know of any free services to rate the practice essays. I took the Princton review course and they really helped me improve the essays. But once you've gotten the "thesis, anti-thesis, synethesis" format done, its pretty easy. That being said, the actual essays don't count for much at all.

AZhou03

Number of posts : 9
Year Graduated : 2003
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

MCAT - Medical School Admissions Exam Empty Re: MCAT - Medical School Admissions Exam

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down